Saturday, July 31, 2010

Good idea


This is a great idea for a baby shower gift. I went to a baby shower this afternoon and somebody gave it to the mum-to-be.

I own other kids' birthday cake books, but the AWW version was always the best of the bunch when I was growing up. I would spend ages going through it choosing which cake I wanted Mum to make for my birthday. The swimming pool was one of my favourites, but I don't think I ever got that one. I suspect the jelly inside was a bit challenging.

I think I did have a lady bird one year though. Not a red one like the one on the above edition's cover (incidentally, we've not yet mastered red icing so any hints on that are most welcome!), but very pretty nonetheless.

Chris is the birthday cake baker in our house, and we are currently trying to decide what cake to make for Rosie's first birthday next Sunday so I may be caught trying to sneak a quick look at my friend's new book this week....

No comments: