Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I think today is going to be one of those days

I haven't had enough sleep. Little things are annoying me. Nothing anyone in this house does today will be good enough to meet my standards. I'm impatient with everyone and everything. I have to think of something to cook for cake stall at the school fete and I'm just not in the mood for it.

Some days I really struggle with being patient and calm. This is not a new problem. Despite outward appearances I have never done patience and calm very well.

On days like today I need to think calm thoughts and take a deep breath, even though what I really want to do is shout and yell and punch something, then run away and have a good cry.

I need to pray that God will build patience and gentleness in me and that tomorrow everything that's bugging me now will seem unimportant. A good night's sleep would also go down well.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hmm, I think the wise course might be for me to say nothing right now.

6P 2011 said...

I don't think I would believe that you don't do calm...your outward persona is obviously lying!