Monday, January 10, 2011

Toddler destruction

Back into that phase of life with a child between 12 months and 2 years of age, where unless constant supervision is provided, everything within arm's reach gets destroyed. I must have had some sort of selective amnesia going on about how difficult this stage can be. Or maybe it is just worse this time because now we have a lot more older kid possessions that Rosie can get herself into.

This morning she scribbled with a black Texta on the arm of one of our brand-new chair covers. Having sorted that to the best of my ability (Spotless recommended Aerogard and a damp cloth, it sort of worked but we will see how it looks when it comes out of the washing machine), she then went to work on my jigsaw puzzle while I was hanging clothes outside during the few minutes of dry weather and wind we are currently having. Half of the puzzle is now destroyed.

I had to put her into the cot for a few minutes by herself to give myself the space to cope with all of this mess.

Sigh. I remember now. This is the stage of child development where I don't feel as if I could cope with having any more children.

Muppets will be coming later when I recover.

No comments: