Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Currently reading....


I have been sick for the past couple of days. So I needed something easy to read.

We had this book out of the library for Liam to read but then I decided not to give it to him yet. I've decided he can read it as a reward for when he graduates out of learn to swim classes since he seems to not be trying very hard when he's there and needs some incentive to improve. I feel like we are wasting our money and more effort is required on his part.

So I have been reading it instead. This is the first time I have read Harry Potter (a late convert). I am about three quarters of the way through it. I'm enjoying it so far and think I will read the rest of the series. I've been told the books get more complex as the series progresses.

I'm liking this a lot more than Twilight. When I read Twilight I was sick of Bella's mooning over Edward by the time I'd read a quarter of the book. With Harry Potter, the writing is simplistic, which I guess it has to be if it's aimed at kids, but the subject matter is far more engaging.

2 comments:

One for a wish.. said...

With the Harry Potter books they get more complex and "darker' with each book, so worth reading each one before handing it over to your kids. It was ok for the kids who grew up with the series but there is definitely a different tone from one to seven.

Karen said...

Yes...Chris has read them all so he is doing the censorship thing with our kids. They have pretty vivid imaginations so I don't think he has let them go past number 3 (or maybe 4, I'm not sure?). I am looking forward to the increasing complexity myself....