Tuesday, June 28, 2011

So I'm conferencing....

...for the next three days. The national Occupational Therapy conference is on just up the road from where we live. It's a good opportunity to get some professional development without having to pay for accommodation, flights etc.

I'm looking forward to it. Except that every time I go to these conferences, everyone else looks like they're heaps younger than me. I suppose they are. Next year it will be twenty years since I graduated with my undergraduate degree.

Saying that makes me feel old.

I have done some previous postgrad study to masters level. One day I would love to do a PhD. Hoping this conference has lots of inspirational speakers to give me some ideas on what I can look at when baby and toddler days are behind me...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

The WFOT conference is in Japan in a couple of years. I'd love to go. But I think I'm terrified at the same time! It's been too long.

Karen said...

I think you should go. Just don't let all the high brow academics intimidate you. It's great to hear what's happening and to be inspired....