Thursday, August 4, 2011

Maybe it's just me...


....but I do find it a little amusing that Kate, the Christian contestant on this year's Masterchef, won through to the finale this evening by making the best gingerbread house.

Perhaps she's been to a few of those gingerbread house evenings that churches like to put on for the ladies at Christmas time so she's had a few practice runs.

I'm not at all keen on the gingerbread house thing here. I did make one once (at one of those church evenings leading up to Christmas). But it sat uneaten for a very long time. I couldn't cope with the volume of icing and lollies on it.

I have to say I didn't have much faith that Kate would win Masterchef. I thought she was a bit too much like Julie, who won the first series. But hey, I'll jump on the bandwagon now. Go Kate! (And I do like the way she always says "Oh, my goodness" rather than "Oh, my God"...)

No comments: