Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thinking about Book Chat: God's sovereignty vs our responsibility

I mentioned in an earlier post that our Book Chat book this term is J.I.Packer's Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God. The date for the get together is only a couple of weeks away so I am starting to think of some ideas to get discussion going. Unfortunately I haven't found many discussion questions for Christian books online, so generally I've had to try and come up with ideas/questions myself.

I was having a look at Meredith's blog earlier this evening and found this great post which relates to our responsibility in relation to God's sovereignty. It looks beyond just evangelising to consider our own responsibilities more broadly. This might be an interesting topic to explore a bit more, I think.

I'm really looking forward to the discussion. I missed the last one because I was sick. Our numbers haven't been huge but I think the ladies who have participated are enjoying it. And I've been challenged to make sure I finish reading the Christian books that I start, which is a good thing.

Praying that God will bless our discussion and grow our little group of readers as time goes on.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Cathy gets full honours for that post. But what a great topic. You should have a great discussion.

Your book club sounds great - a wonderful way to get a few good books under your belt each year. That's great. Go well.
Mx