Tuesday, September 27, 2011

And while I'm on a roll posting stuff....

A couple of miscellaneous things....

1. At the moment, I'm busy cleaning out our pantry (I think this may be nesting behaviour since I have never yet wanted to tackle this task even though it hasn't been done since we moved in here four years ago). Floor and bottom shelf now look good. I can't reach the top one so Chris will have to do that. Three more shelves in between for me to do. When you don't clean a pantry for several years, there are some scary finds lurking at the back of it...

2. We may have found a new car. A blue iMax van. Now to get rid of the old car. I was keen to just trade it in because its registration is about to run out. But Chris wants to put it on carsales to see if we can get a bit more for it. I'm a bit cynical about how this will go so I said if this was going to happen, he would have to deal with all the tidying it up and paying to put another 12 months rego on it (since I think this is the only way we will sell it). It would be great to get a bit more for it so that can then go to the new car, which we are dipping into our home loan to pay for, but the pessimist in me doesn't think this will happen. Time will tell, I guess.

3. Watching Series 4 of Mad Men. This is going well because the boys are away and I can watch it when Rosie is sleeping. I got through three episodes yesterday while I was sorting through recipe books and magazines from the overcrowded pantry.

4. Rosie had a lovely morning playing with a friend from church this morning while I went to my antenatal appointment. It's lovely seeing her so happy and settled with other people from our church. I'm really grateful to have such a supportive church family. As an introverted and by nature reserved person, there are times when I feel a bit too old, boring and on the outside of some of what goes on at church, but on days like today, I am incredibly thankful for their love and care.

No comments: