Friday, January 20, 2012

The ukulele is home

It ended up just having the faulty tuning peg replaced. Not such a bad thing really since the other strings were pretty settled in and staying in tune quite well.

Rowan seems to really enjoy it when I play and sing songs on it to him. I'm now learning a few from the "J is for Jesus" Emu kids CD to entertain him with. Rosie also liked it when I sang the Hello Song from it this afternoon. She knows it well because the littlies sing it every week in the kids' program at church. I can also do passable versions of "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock" and "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands."

My goal is to not need the CD player at all for the kids' songs by the time I go back to teaching in the little kids' program at church again. This isn't until the second half of the year so I have plenty of time. The playing doesn't really worry me, but I am not a confident singer at all, so that's where I'll probably fall down.

No comments: