Friday, April 13, 2012

The pain continues...


The assignment marking is dragging on here so I haven't had as much time to do fun stuff like looking at YouTube videos or finding funny pictures to share with whoever might still be hanging in there reading anything that I post here...

I think the assignment I am about to start on might be one of the better ones. At least this person seems to be able to string a coherent sentence together. Some of the ones I've done so far have entire paragraphs that consist of a single sentence. It is hugely difficult to read, let alone to follow whatever point they are trying to make. Short. Concise. It's much better, people.

And there are a couple of plagiarism cases that I'm going to have to look into a bit more. They're from the ones who are chronically unprepared for sessions, regularly turn up late, and then don't do anything productive while the tutorials are on. And so, predictably, they are now going to crash and burn.

2 comments:

simone r said...

Fail them.

You will be doing society a favour. People need to be able to write clearly.

Karen said...

I'm having no qualms about failing them. They wouldn't be people I'd want to work with as professional colleagues in a workplace...
The two I did today have restored my faith in my/our ability to teach the information. At least they were listening to what we said in the lectures and tutes.