Sunday, June 3, 2012

50 Shades of Grey

Just saw on Facebook that a friend is reading this on her Kindle and described it as being very difficult to put down. I also noticed when I was reading the Sunday newspapers this afternoon that it is currently the top selling book in bookshops.

When I googled for further information, I then discovered that it was originally written as Twilight fan fiction, is very badly written from a grammatical point of view, and contains lots of...um...explicit and graphic sex scenes, which could explain why it's such a bestseller.

I don't think I'll bother reading it. Twilight left me very underwhelmed. This sounds like Twilight minus the vampires and werewolves but with lots of erotica instead.

And it always annoys me when people can make truckloads of money from bad writing. But maybe that's just because I'm jealous....


No comments: