Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Finally some success

...on the Tim Winton front, that is. See earlier post here.

I really enjoyed Dirt Music. So much so that I'm reading it again. Not sure that I'll be converted to all of his stuff, but his writing in this one is very good. I wonder if one of the reasons I liked it so much was because both the main characters in it seemed to me to be quite introverted and self-absorbed (like me, sad to admit...). His very vivid descriptions of the Australian landscape and sea were the other big attraction as I was reading it.

After this, I'm tackling "Breath" for book club. I've read it before and the plot was a bit of a turn off that time. So I am now curious to see whether the imagery can rescue my perception of the dodgy plot at a second read.

No comments: